Summarized below are some of the important contents of the report.
|2.||Overhead (not covered by projects)||629,496.36||6,423.43|
COMMITTED made a number of changes in 2013. We changed our board and administrators. Our website was also completely revamped.
COMMITTED representatives took part in the Walk for Nepal fundraising walkathons in two American cities: Washington DC and Dallas, Texas. In the former, COMMITTED were the co-organizers. The funds raised through them helped fund fisheries in Thangpalkot VDC and water and sanitation (WASH) project at Raithane School respectively.
- August 2013 post describing the justification for SBE projects and details of initial funding for the Fishery in Thangpalkot, one of which was the Walkathon in Washington DC.
- Click here to go to a page containing links to blog posts detailing the progress of the drive.
- August 2013 post describing the justification for SBE projects and details of initial funding for the project, some of which came from this campaign.
This past fiscal year, we completed Social Business for Education (SBE) project at Dolagiri School and initiated one in Thangpalkot VDC.
At Dolagiri School, the project involved setting up solar electrification and vegetable garden.
- November 2013 blog post about electrification and vegetable garden projects (including school playground and bathroom construction).
- Photos of Solar Electrification set up at Dolagiri School.
- Photos of the vegetable gardening project: Planting.
At Raithane School and Chilaune School, both in Thangpalkot VDC, the project is a Fishery.
- Youtube video of the first batch of fish caught from the Raithane School pond.
- August 2013 post describing the justification for SBE projects and details of initial funding for the project.
- August 2013 blog post detailing the initiation of the fishery for Raithane School.
- YouTube video of setting up caged fishery.
- Another YouTube video of the introduction of the hatchlings into the cages.
- YouTube video of the construction of the first two artificial, nursery ponds for Raithane School (Summer 2014).
- Picasa photo album of the stocking of the Raithane School nursery with fingerlings (Summer 2014).
- Facebook photo album of the same.
- Facebook Photo album of setting up cage fishery in Bhuttey Pokhari for Chilaune School.
- More Facebook photos about the fishery project showing everything from introducing fingerlings to fixing the boat to discussing the construction of the Haat Bazaar (Farmer’s Market).
A number of School Improvement Programs (SIPs) were also completed this year both at Dolagiri school and at schools in Thangpalkot.
- November 2013 blog post about school playground and bathroom construction (including electrification and vegetable garden projects).
- Photos of playground, library, bathrooms and rainwater harvesting system at Dolagiri school.
- November 2013 blot post about setting up libraries in all the schools COMMITTED helps.
- Photo album of Shanti Nikunj school library.
- July 2013 post about our February visit to administer the Star Reader program–program to encourage children to use the libraries.
- Photos from the same visit: Raithane School, Taltuleshwori School, Kumveshwori School, Chilaune School.
At the beginning of 2014 COMMITTED conducted “We’re COMMITTED,” an awareness and fundraising campaign. Following the event, COMMITTED’s friends in Sydney and New York held similar events to raise awareness and funds for the cause.
- Facebook Photo album of the We’re COMMITTED concert at Basantapur.
- Details of support provided to Bishu’s siblings with those funds.