In my previous incarnation as a high school Chemistry teacher, I would begin a topic with a multi-media PowerPoint presentation.
The objectives were to:
- introduce the most important concept in the topic,
- get my students’ imagination going,
- put the topic into wider context, and
- start the topic with some…laughter!!
I thought some teachers and students might find those presentations useful. So I have decided to publish them all here as well.
If you didn’t know, I have already published the introductory PowerPoint presentations to the following topics:
- Introduction to IB Diploma Chemistry presentation and
- No Woman No Cry! No Woman No Cry! (an introductory presentation I can’t figure out the topic of)
The following is for Periodicity.
Of course, no different from the rest of the presentations reproduced in this blog, since I didn’t record the presentation, my commentaries are missing. But it might be interesting (challenging?) for you to try and figure out what I must have accompanied each slide with!
This presentation, was accompanied by a number of songs and also dancing to the tunes that would play at different times. Again, since the song don’t appear in the video of the presentation below, it might be challenging to try to figure out when the particular song played and the kind of dancing that accompanied it.
Here are the songs:
- Juan Luis Guerra’s La Bilirrubina
- Gilberto Santa Rosa’s Perdoname
- Pankaj Udas’ Sharab Cheez He Aisi Hai
- Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s Kinna Sohna Tainu Rabne Baneya
- Jagjeet Singh and Asha Bhosle’s Jab Samne Tum Aa Jaate Ho