Summarized below are some of the important financial details in the report.
(for Jan.-Dec. 2015)
|2.||Overhead (not covered by projects)||455,917.30||1,938.67|
*Approximate exchange rate: NPR 105 = US$1.00.
Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction
Star Reader and Writer program:
- Photos and details of the beginning of Star Writer Program
- Click here for a testimonial from a student about the program
- Click here for details of the program
- Photos of COMMITTED staff making preparations to implement the program
- Star Writer Awards, photo update
Reconstruction of Taltuleshwori Primary School:
- First set of photos and some details of the reconstruction (November 2015).
- Reconstruction permission granted (December 2015)
- Photos of the beginning of the reconstruction
- January 2016 photo updates of the reconstruction: update 1, update 2 and update 3
- February 2016 photo updates of the reconstruction: update 1, update 2
- Photo update of the assessment of the school for the second phase of reconstruction
- April 2016 photo updates of the reconstruction: update 1, update 2, update 3, and update 4.
- May 2016 photo updates of the reconstruction: update 1,
- Photos from the Monitoring and Assessment visit by officials from the District Education Office
- How We Are Rebuilding Earthquake Ravaged Taltuleshwory Primary School
- Reconstruction of Taltuleshwory School – Rekindling the spirit of the children
- Ongoing Construction of Taltuleshwory School
- Progress made by February 2016.
- Video of progress made by April 2016.
Assisting with the reconstruction of Chilaune School:
- Photo update of the progress made with the reconstruction: update 1, update 2, update 3, update 4,
- Click here for a video of the progress made by late April 2016.
Winter jackets as part of relief were also provided to Raithane School children in Thangpalkot. Click here and here for photos. (To know what winter is like in villages like Thangpalkot, read Cold Front.)
We have been supporting two students runners a little here and there with funding from COMMITTED friends. They are students at Chilaune School, Thangpalkot. Click here for photos of the two girls participating in the International Women’s day Fun run in March 2016.
Fishery: Social Business for Education
- Reinstating the Fishery as a Social Business for Education and Community Development project in Raithane
- Photo update of the work done: update 1, update 2,
Good Governance Project
- Photo update of the preliminary assessment visit to five schools
- Photo update of site planning and assessment of Kumveshwory School for their library construction
- Introduction to the project: Establishing a Better and Improved Public School System in Nepal
- Construction of Libraries in 4 VDCs in Ilaka 12, Sindhupalchok district commences
- Photo updates of activities related to the project: update 1, update 2, update 3, update 4, update 5, update 6, update 7, update 8, update 9,
And finally, a detailed blog post about the accomplishments over the year, including details of the finances.
What do you think?