As part of The US Embassy’s Book Bus’ Teacher Empower Program, I began the Everyday Science: Learn, to Teach; Teach, to Learn Science teacher workshops. Leading up to this, I was also involved in the 2017 Innovation in Education Fairs (IEF) in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Click here for a video of the workshop I conducted in the Pokhara edition of the fair.
Started on January 12, I have had two sessions of the workshop already, both of which I have enjoyed greatly! In this blog, I shall post links to the next series of blog posts containing details of the individual workshops and links to the resources I shared with the participants. In trying to decide how best to share some of the materials I used in the workshops with the participants, I realized blogging about them might be the best way to go about it. The reason being that others might find them useful.
While I work on the individual blogs about the workshops and populate this post with links to them, here are some links that you might find useful.
- Click here for a reproduction of the write-up published in the IEF brochure detailing some of the issues with Science teaching in Nepal and how it can be improved on greatly.
- Click here for details of the workshop.
- Click here for details of magic show I performed in front of prospective trainees introducing the training program on Dec. 1, at the Nepal Arts Council hall.
- If you are interested in other blog posts related to teacher training, blog posts about my work with other teachers, browse teacher training category.
Be sure to revisit the blog for updates with links to individual blog posts about the different sessions.
- Everyday Science: All About Education. Blog about the first session held on January 12.
- Everyday Science: Science, Science Education and Curriculum Design. Blog about the second session held on January 19.
- Everyday Science: Lesson Planning and Imparting Critical Thinking Skills. Blog about the third session held on January 26.
- Everyday Science: Model Lessons I. Blog about the fourth session held on February 2.
- Everyday Science: Model Lessons II. Blog about the fifth session held on February 9.
- Everyday Science: Model Lessons III. Blog about the sixth session held on February 16.
- Everyday Science: Assessing for Success. Blog post about the seventh and last session held on March 9.